I took a little jaunt off the beaten path of research and began reading some Thanksgiving posts which got me thinking about all the things I have to be thankful for. There are so many things-I doubt I could list them all. I can think of a few though......
- While I am not out-loud religious, I am thankful that God has allowed me to live this long and see there are better things in this world. Many times I wondered if that would ever happen. No matter how dark things became, God gave me strength and endurance to get through to the other side........now that I'm here it is so wonderful. I wouldn't have wanted to miss this for the world.
- I am thankful for my daughters and that they are happy and healthy. I always remind myself to not live my life with regret. If I regret one thing it leads me away from all the wonderful things I have now. They fall into this category. Out of anguish and horror I got them. They are my life. I would have endured anything for them.
- I am thankful for my husband. He has been there to support me and let me find myself. I was young and single with two babies-one of whom was very hard to raise for a while-and he took a chance on me anyway. But not for him, I have no doubt my life would have taken a very different path. He was the first man I ever met who accepted me for who I am, even when I didn't know who I was and I thank him for it. He saw in me what I have become-I guess it was there all the time.
- I am thankful for my parents. They raised me to be a good person and have a kind heart. Even when I lost my way, they did not lose faith. My mom gave me strength and independence. My dad, a quite dedication to family and acceptance that even though we might not always see it right away, God has a plan for us.
- I am thankful to have so many friends in my life that care about me. It wasn't always that way and it feels good. I kept my life closed and guarded for many years. Now my circle has grown quite wide and there are days when I might not make it through except for the love and support of those I have chosen to surround myself with.
- I am thankful for the life I have built. I cannot express in words what that means to me. I can only say if you had asked me 25 years ago what my life would look like at 40, I wouldn't have been able to tell you. You can't see anything when you stare into a deep black hole............
So thank you dear reader. Thanks for coming in here and looking at my life from the inside for a few minutes. I am thankful for you guys too-I am inspired to write by the events in the world, but enjoy writing for those I can share it with.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!