(AUDIO) Lets hear it one more time: It's all the Tea Parties fault that Obama can't get anything done. What a tired old song.
SEIU has published a "Contract Campaign Manual" It's an interesting read, telling union members (among other things):
“Pressuring the Employer,” the manual makes the distinction between being right and having “might.” To gain might, the SEIU manual suggests:
- Outside pressure can involve jeopardizing relationships between the employer and lenders, investors, stockholders, customers, clients, patients, tenants, politicians, or others on whom the employer depends for funds.
- Legal and regulatory pressure can threaten the employer with costly action by government agencies or the courts.
- Community action and use of the news media can damage an employer’s public image and ties with community leaders and organizations.
- Assume that pressure tactics will be necessary and start planning for them in advance.
The section titled “Outside Pressure” details how the union can broaden contract campaigns to threaten the employer’s relationship with the greater community, business partners, government, and the media. This involves working with third-party groups that may be sympathetic to the union’s agenda but lie outside of organized labor—including environmental, human rights, and self-styled consumer advocates. These other groups can help the union exert pressure on the employer from many directions, and therefore disrupt many aspects of the business.Can you imagine the reaction if Tea Party released a manual like this???
- An employer may depend on lenders, investors, customers, clients, tenants, patients, or government agencies to provide funds. The most effective outside pressure tactics are often those which could put that flow of funds in jeopardy.
- Individual owners and management officials typically value their time, reputations, and privacy. Tactics which distract them from their primary duties and draw public attention to their activities may help pressure them to reach a fair settlement.
Bill Clinton says he would invoke the constitutional option to raise the nation’s debt ceiling “without hesitation, and force the courts to stop me” in order to prevent a default. I suppose he would then declare himself supreme dictator, raise taxes on everyone except the poor to 80% and take over all business at the top to be run by people in the government who know whats best for us.....until the courts stopped him of course. What an ass.
Please read the applicable part of the 14th Amendment and tell me where it says the President has this kind of power:http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif
Section 4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.
Section 5. The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.
Yay! The Gang of Six has an awesome plan for us on the debt ceiling and deficit reduction....which is not actually a plan at all.
Now we all know it was completely silly of anyone to say that changing the definition of marriage would lead to all sorts of crazy unions wanting equal protection under the law. It is complete bunk that the left wing is trying to destroy the traditional family and traditional values. Total crap.....yeah right.
(AUDIO) Defending "The Defense of Marriage Act" is clearly out of the question.
(AUDIO) A new report from the independent Institute of Medicine said women should get birth control for free.....along with sexually transmitted infection counseling and HIV screening to all women